You may have some missing teeth and want them restored in a way that looks natural and are firmly embedded in your gums. Dental implants are for you. Midtown’s Rosa Dental is experienced in using these implants which are comfortable and natural-looking.
- Dental implants are a newer tooth-replacement option for patients with missing teeth. Implants can restore your speech, self-confidence and chewing ability.
- Dental implants function like tooth roots, anchoring the tooth’s crown in place by anchoring to the jawbone. An implant is a titanium post placed in the upper or lower jaw. As the bone tissue grows around the implant, it creates a firm foundation for an implant crown, bridge or denture.
- Why replace missing teeth? Missing teeth can be caused by an accident, injury, years of deterioration or periodontal disease. To retain your ability to chew, as well as preserve the shape and structure of your face, it is crucial to replace missing teeth. Other problems that could result from not replacing them include other teeth drifting or tilting in the open spaces, which can lead to headaches and TMJ and increase your tendency to develop tooth decay and gum disease.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Using all-white materials, Dr. Rosa can create natural looking teeth
- Because the implant is part of your bone tissue, it is durable
- They aren’t susceptible to decay like bridges, although they need to be cared for with brushing and flossing
- The jawbone stays intact because the root has been replaced
- They don’t rely on healthy teeth for support
- In many cases, implants last a lifetime
- A promise to use good oral hygiene to care for implant and jaw
- Overall good health
- Healthy gums