Many people don’t even know they have sleep apnea! This is a very serious condition and if you think you have the symptoms below, know that Midtown Sacramento’s Rosa Dental knows how to help you with this serious condition.
One symptom could be as simple as snoring! But the consequences of this condition requires quick treatment to avoid further problems.
This is a breathing condition that prevents oxygen intake. Symptoms may include snoring, morning headaches, exhaustion, high blood pressure, waking up gasping for air, and a clouded memory. Dr. Rosa offers a cost-effective, non-invasive solution for sleep apnea and snoring.
Why is it important to treat sleep apnea?
- Loss of productivity at work and home - this can negatively affect income, relationships, self esteem, and health
- Marital and relationship issues - loud snoring disrupts your sleep and others’ sleep in your household; this causes frustration, anger, and impatience in the best of relationships
- Vehicular accidents - your risk of being in an accident is three times greater than the general population
- Heart attack, stroke, or possibly death - an estimated 38,000 people in our country die each year from the effects of sleep apnea. Those who snore or have sleep apnea also have more
- incidents of elevated blood pressure, stroke, and heart attack
- Impotence - many men with these health issues suffer from erectile dysfunction
- Depression - due to the above reasons
How can snoring and sleep apnea be treated?
- Treatment may include a custom oral appliance worn at night, that gently positions the lower jaw, helping airways stay open, thus preventing snoring
- Dr. Rosa will encourage you to see your own doctor as well to check on your overall health issues, such as blood pressure and being overweight which adds to sleep issues